Part Time Junior Accountant
About the opportunity
Key Marketing is looking for a Part Time Junior Accountant with a genuine interest in joining our innovative team in Real Estate Marketing & Sales. With a strong work ethic, attention to detail and can-do attitude, the ideal candidate will assist the Controller in daily bookkeeping and ad hoc administrative work.
Located in Vancouver and founded in 2009, Key Marketing is the fastest growing multi-family real estate project marketing company in Western Canada. Working with top tier multi-family residential development companies, Key Marketing supports the entire process from research and land acquisition, product development, commercial and residential lease-up and pre-sale, through to completion and key turn-over.
Company Core Values
We constantly focus on how we do things… on finding a better way… on kaizen. We’re constantly improving and when we find a new best practice, we celebrate it and share it for the benefit of others. This keeps us constantly on the cutting edge and there is nowhere else we would like to be.
Our life experience has led us to believe we can accomplish more as a team than we can on our own. Everybody supports everybody here; all the time. It’s a great feeling.
We love to wow. We work hard to wow each other, clients, REALTORS®, buyers and our industry. If you love to be wowed, you will love working with us
All employees at Key Marketing are self-motivated with the strong focus for excellence. We pride ourselves on trust and a knowing that when given a task it will get done.
We work in a highly competitive environment, so having fun on a regular basis is mandatory to being successful and loving what we do and who we do it with.
- Preparation of journal entries and month-end accruals
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Keep track of office overhead
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Work with Controller and Financial Analyst in analyzing profit and loss for subsidiary companies and for individual projects
- Assist/provide Controller and Financial Analyst with ad-hoc reporting
- Assist with preparing company budgets and forecasting
- Monitoring and maintaining company bank accounts
- Assist with reconciling commissions (receivable and payable) for individual projects
- Assist with preparation of the yearly Real Estate audit
- Preparation and assistance of T4’s, T4A’s
- Bank deposits (time to time)
- Filing and other administrative work on behalf of Accounting and the office in general
- Ensure company accounting is in accordance with BC Real Estate Council Rules and Real Estate Standards Act
- Accounting designation or working towards an accounting designation
- Experience using Quickbooks is preferred
- 2 or more years accounting experience
- Working knowledge of the Real Estate Standards Act (RESA) and/or Real Estate Council Rules of BC is an asset
Competitive salary based on experience; 3 days per week.
Please email your resume and cover letter.